(Makati Mayor Jejomar Binay will be proclaimed the Vice President of the Philippine Republic tomorrow, June 9, 2010 )
An interesting (highly interesting, I might add) article was posted in gmanews.tv about an analysis on Mayor Jejomar Binay’s surprise win in this year’s vice presidential elections.
A number of factors where considered;
1. The generosity of Binay’s Makati (With a billion – peso budget, the city where I live can really afford to be generous to other cities🙂 And since I lived here, you have to forgive me for being too biased in favor of him. )
2. Him being a local official hence garnering the suport of fellow local mayors.
3. Being Estrada’s running mate
4. Senator Chiz Escudero’s endorsement
5. Being the Chief of the Boy Scout of the Philippines (see the picture below)
6. The likelihood that Teodoro and Villar’s supporters actually having him as their vice president, not to mention those who campaigned for a Noynoy- Binay tandem.
(Mayor Jejomar C. Binay, national president of the Boy Scouts of the Philippines, gives last minute instructions to the 300 scouts and scouters from Makati who will participate in the 2nd Council Summer Camp 2003 at Mt. Makiling in Los Banos, Laguna.)
Indeed the vice-presidential race between Senator Roxas and Mayor Binay has become the most interesting aspect of the 2010 Philippine Elections, as every vote was needed to be counted in order to proclaim the winner. But with only around 300 000 votes left to be counted for, and Binay having a 600 000 lead against the Senator, even if the whole of the unaccounted votes goes to Senator Roxas, it will not be enought for him to win.
Goodbye Senator Mar🙂
Congratulations Mayor Binay. May you serve the Philippines in the way that you have served our city for a number of years.
(pics are from the Makati City’s website and pinoyvote.info )